**This post may contain Affiliate links, please see my disclosure for more information**
I know, I've seen many recipes that include the following words: “Best” and “Ever”. But this recipe honestly is, hands down, THE BOMB! It's easy, has very few ingredients and is super easy to put together. The only thing that is required to enjoy this delicious recipe is patience…. You know the saying, good things come to those who wait, right? Well, trust me when I tell you this is SO worth the wait! I know, I know, stop talking already and get to the recipe! Sorry, I'm a talker!
Here's what you'll need for The BEST Coffee Cake Recipe EVER:
- Bundt pan (well greased) if you need a bundt pan, I found one on Amazon right here: http://amzn.to/2vzTpDx
- 18-Frozen dinner rolls
- 1-3.4 ounce package of Butterscotch Pudding Mix (must be Jello brand “cook & serve” do not get instant, see bottom of this post for more information)
- 1-Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2-Cup chopped Pecans
- 1-Stick butter, melted but cooled
Here's how you prepare the BEST Coffee Cake EVER:
- First, make sure your bundt pan is well greased. Baking spray, oil, butter, whichever you prefer is fine. I used baking spray.
- Next, arrange your still frozen dinner rolls (only 18, it will look like it's not enough, trust me, it will be) around the bottom of your bundt pan
- Sprinkle the Jell-O brand Butterscotch pudding mix around the bundt pan, on top of your frozen dinner rolls (dry, do not prepare the pudding mix). Again, this must be Cook & Serve (see bottom), it can't be instant
- Sprinkle your brown sugar on top of your frozen dinner rolls and pudding mix, covering as much of the rolls as possible.
- Sprinkle your chopped pecans on top of your layered ingredients in the bundt pan also
- Pour your melted (but cooled) stick of butter evenly over the top of your layered ingredients in the bundt pan as well
- Cover your bundt pan with plastic wrap and place in room temperature location
- Here's the painful part, you need to let this mixture sit and rise for 6 to 8 hours! I KNOW! It's a terribly long wait, but it's worth waiting for – I promise!
After your ingredients have sat for 6 to 8 hours, remove the plastic covering. Place in preheated 350-degree oven. Bake for 25-30-minutes.
While the coffee cake is baking, you'll need to prepare your optional glaze. Here's what you'll need:
- 1/4-Cup Confectioners sugar
- 2-Tablespoons of Milk or half & half (whichever you prefer)
- 1/2-Teaspoon of Vanilla extract
Mix milk (or half & half) into confectioners sugar one tablespoon at a time. Mix vanilla extract into your creamy mixture. You can add an optional pinch of salt to this glaze if you so desire.
When your BEST Coffee Cake EVER is done baking, let cool for ten minutes, then invert onto a plate. You shouldn't let it cool completely before you place onto a plate, it should still be warm. Drizzle your glaze over the top of your Coffee Cake and ENJOY!
VOILA! Make sure you slice it up immediately because after staring at this for 6 to 8 hours, it's going to disappear the minute it's ready for indulging
Did you like my tablespoon measuring cup? I LOVE it! It makes preparation so easy! You can get the same one on Amazon! Here's the info: