**This post may contain Affiliate links, see Disclosure for more information**
If you've been following my blog, I know you're expecting this recipe! This recipe is even less time consuming than yesterday's recipe and my kids literally gobble this up almost instantly! Rarely do we have leftovers to worry about with this dish, unless I double it and make a double batch! Here's my Super Easy Italian Supreme Pasta Salad! This is what you'll need:
- One 12-ounce box of Tri-Color Pasta Noodles (I use “ruffles” but you can use elbows, penne or what have you see this link: http://amzn.to/2sTXEdg)
- One 8-ounce bar of Mild Cheddar Cheese (of course, I use Vermont Cheddar, but as long as it's mild cheddar the brand doesn't matter see this link: http://amzn.to/2uF0Vum)
- One 5-ounce package Hormel Mini-Pepperoni (or Diced Pepperoni, it depends on what you find I've done both ways see this link: http://amzn.to/2tX0yO6)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (or, to taste) of McCormick Salad Supreme seasoning (this step is very important! See this link: http://amzn.to/2uEPGSN)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups (or, to taste) of Wishbone House Italian dressing (I prefer this brand and flavor for the Italian dressing for this recipe myself, but you can really use any brand or flavor as long as it's Italian dressing, see this link: http://amzn.to/2uYpGkF)
- Boil pasta noodles 6-9 minutes (or until tender), drain in Colander and rinse with cold water
- Dice 3/4 of your block of Mild Cheddar Cheese, set aside
- If you found Hormel's Mini-Pepperoni's, great! If you didn't, you'll need to dice up the Pepperoni you do have into small, bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- When cooked, drained and rinsed Pasta is room temperature (or cooler) combine it in large mixing bowl with diced cheese, Pepperoni, 2-tablespoons of McCormick's Salad Supreme seasoning and stir until blended
- Add 1/2 cup of Italian dressing, if needed you can add another 1/4-cup or more if you like heavy dressing. Just be sure all noodles etc. are fully coated, you can always add later but if you put too much in you can't take it out. So use sparingly until you find the perfect blend for your taste buds.
- Depending on your tastes, you may prefer to add another tablespoon of McCormicks Salad Supreme Seasoning. If so, you can add to taste and make note of when you get to the perfect blend.
- Place in a covered bowl in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30-minutes before serving.
- Voila! Enjoy
Options or Tips
- You can add other ingredients such as Broccoli, Black Olives or other diced vegetables. My kids tend to enjoy that this only has Pepperoni and cheese, so this is how I leave it.
- McCormicks Salad Supreme seasoning is the secret ingredient to this recipe! It's a must! I've had many of my friends and family wonder why my Italian pasta salad comes out so good, while theirs is so bland. This is why. Don't cut corners on this step, I promise you'll thank me! It's easier to find in some stores than others, but it's usually always in the spice aisle at our local grocery. As always, I've included links above to help you easily find everything you'll need to make this dish
This dish is sure to become a big hit with any of the kids you have in attendance at your get together, I tend to make it as more of a side dish option for the kids. Although adults tend to gobble it up just as fast as the kids do. I know with my kids, they usually pick over the summer salad dishes that look to have strange ingredients mixed in, and pile up this dish on their plate when seeing the Pepperoni and Cheese!
If you've tried this recipe, leave me a comment and let me know how it turned out! Check out the other recipe suggestions I have posted too. Especially my Easy Home Style Potato Salad. Happy eating everyone!