What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award given to new Blogs, by other bloggers. Bloggers nominate each other for the Liebster award. Blogging is something that takes a LOT of hard work, determination, dedication, and drive. The Liebster Award is a way to help newer bloggers get ahead, gain traction, guide and encourage each other. It's more or less a way for new blogs to support each other and get our names out there and help get more exposure. The award is only given to blogs with less than 200 readers.
What are the Rules?
- Thank the person that nominated you, include a link to their blog
- Post the Liebster Award on your blog (such as on your sidebar) or within your blog post
- Write a 150-300 word blog post about your favorite blog that isn't yours, explain why it's your favorite, and include a link to that blog
- Include 10-random facts about yourself (Optional, though it helps others get to know you)
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs who you think deserves the Liebster Award (they must have less than 200 readers)
- Include these rules in your post, click here to view the: Official Rules – 2017 Liebster Award
- Inform the blogs you've nominated for the Liebster Award, and give them a link to your post
Who Nominated Me, Life's Epic Journey
Aimee, creator of Stand Tall Mama nominated me! Aimee, thank you so much for the nomination! I'm tickled pink to be nominated for this award! Especially after seeing so many other blogs proudly displaying the Liebster Award on their sites!
Aimee is sharing her perspective from a few steps higher than we are, with her 6-foot height, she can offer us a glimpse of her busy life and travels with her family, but from her bird's eye view!
My Favorite Blog
Okay, so I'm stuck on how to answer this one, so I'm going to bend the rules a tad and give you my two favorites because I just can't make a final decision on who gets the title of “favorite” here!
First, I admire and aspire to become everything that It's a Lovely Life is and has become! Heather and Pete are my mentors, my teachers, and my inspiration! I have learned everything I know about blogging from them and they have given me endless tools, guidance, and resources to get to the where I am at today! Plus, I love their posts! So all around, I have to say this is one of my most favorite and inspirational blogs yet!
In staying in the tune of the Liebster Award, my most favorite blog to read and follow is The Royal Brew! Chad started his blog right around the same time I did, so we have had quite a bit of interaction through our learning adventures. I do have to admit, at first I wondered how he would stay creative with a blog solely based on Coffee! His creativity is commendable, as there hasn't been one post I didn't honestly enjoy reading! Setting my coffee addiction aside, I do look forward to seeing everything new and exciting he comes up with! He is gaining momentum and only becoming more and more creative as time passes.
Questions and Answers
1. What is the best memory you have experienced while traveling?
My boys are all huge sports fans! All three love anything and everything sports. My youngest, Bryce, is the definition of “Basketball Jones” he thinks, lives, breathes and thrives on anything and everything basketball (he's quite the astonishing player himself). Though his love for basketball trumps all, he's the true definition of a “Jock”. Last year, my full family of six (and then some, as everyone brought a friend) went to Six Flags in NJ. As we were waiting to go on a ride, Bryce noticed the Rutgers University Football team was waiting in line at the same ride! You would've thought he'd seen Michael Jordan (I know, different sport, but it didn't matter), he was beyond star struck! After lengthy deliberations amongst ourselves, I approached them and asked if they wouldn't mind taking a photo with my boys. To our delight, they happily obliged! Bryce was beyond elated, to say the least!
2. What is one of the most exciting things that has happened to your blog since starting it?
I hate to be so generalized with my answer, but everything is exciting! Every single like, comment, follow it's motivating and exciting to see my content making an impact on others! It's very exciting when brands like or share your posts after you've posted them, especially without having a sponsorship with the brand. I love seeing my posts gain traction and it makes me want to keep posting when others enjoy my hard work!
3. What was the inspiration for the name of your blog?
I went through TONS of possibilities for my blog's name. I knew I wanted to have a lifestyle blog, something where I could talk about anything and everything life! Life has certainly been a journey for me, so I knew “life's journey” was a given, but it was missing something so I waited while I brainstormed to find the perfect name. On my way to one of my boy's Lacrosse games, I was stuck in traffic. The car in front of me caught my attention with a colorful, out of state license plate. While checking out the out of state car in front of me, I saw a bumper sticker that simply said “EPIC”, and I immediately thought “Life's Epic Journey”. When I got home, I registered my domain name and Life's Epic Journey was born!
4. What is one of your most favorite parts about being a Mom?
Watching my kids grow to be compassionate, kind and loving to others. It makes my heart melt when I see my kids being kind to others, or eager to help those less fortunate. I always tried so hard to teach my kids that it doesn't pay to be selfish. That compassion and kindness go a lot further, and to treat others the way they themselves would want to be treated. I couldn't be prouder of the individuals my children are becoming.
5. If you had one super power what would it be and why?
I would be able to fly! I thought long and hard about this question, and my answer is so simple because first, I'm the habitually late for everything type, who would benefit greatly from being able to simply spread my wings and fly! No cars, no traffic, no road work, just up-up-up and way I'd go! I would save tons of money on airfare, taking full advantage of my ability to flap my wings towards any far away crevice of the world I wanted to flap away too! I'd be the best travel blogger ever! I'd mount my go-pro on my wings and make sure I started a Facebook live video every time I took off for my next destination! (LOL)! Now, THIS sounds like a perfect fit for Life's Epic Journey, doesn't it?
6. What is the one post made by you that you like the most and why?
My personal favorite post that I created is How My Child Turned Me Into a Hypocrite – A Story of ADD/ADHD this is one of the first few posts I created. It is the very first post that I opened up completely with and talked about one of the most trying periods of time in my life. I spoke honestly and from my heart. I did this in hopes of helping someone else who was in the same position I was in. After I posted this, I realized that this post is what blogging was all about. Sharing your honest and true feelings and experiences with others.
7. What inspired you to start your blog?
I love to write, I was born with a gift of sorts, the gift of being able to skillfully and tastefully blend my words in a manner that pleases others, without having to think about it all that much. I wrote a novel, and when I was tirelessly submitting my manuscript to countless literary agents, I discovered Its a Lovely Life and their 5-day course to start a blog. Facebook probably put their ad in my feed because I'd been doing so much research on writing and publishing, so thank you Facebook! I would've never figured out how to get where I am right now without the help of Heather or Pete! I discovered blogging gives me the ability to instantly share my writing! My novel took me years to write, edit and perfect. Blogging, I can get my post published and out there in just a few short hours! I still want to publish my novel, and one day I will. I almost accidentally discovered that I could create my own blog. I'm so glad I did because I realize now I was born to blog! I'm in my element, and I LOVE BLOGGING!!! 🙂
8. Summer or Winter?
HA! I'm totally a summer girl! Which is unfortunate, because I live in Vermont and we have mostly winter months… I'll take a day floating in the pool under the sun any day over a day trying to find my car which is buried under feet and feet of snow! Plus, summertime is much easier on my lead foot than winter is!
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, I also live my life by my beliefs in the Law of Attraction. I do believe I am typing right now because my blog is supposed to become something important. Whether to me or someone else. It exists for a purpose and I'm so grateful that I clicked that link on Heather and Pete's ad in my Facebook feed that day because I almost didn't! But beyond my blog gratitude, I am most grateful that I was blessed with not just my family, but a healthy and happy family. This blessing on its own is one I would take above and beyond any other! I'm grateful for many things life has blessed me with, my family, their health, and happiness is the one I am most thankful for. My blog and where I will lead it, that's the next one on my list of things I'm grateful for!
10. What is your favorite dish?
I love carbs, I love cheese, I love comfort food! It's hard to pick just one, but my husband makes one killer Chicken Fettucine Alfredo! I haven't shared the recipe on my blog yet, but I do intend to! His Alfredo tops any restaurant style Alfredo I've ever had before! My husband knows if it's my birthday, Mother's Day, or any other day where I am the one being treated to something special, it's time for him to make me his Alfredo! I joke that I married him for his Alfredo sometimes (haha) Stay tuned for the recipe, it's actually pretty easy to make!
Ten Facts About Me
- I have a green thumb now, only because I spent the better part of my twenties murdering innocent plants! :-0
- I have a crazy, dysfunctional, yet moderately tamed family (if that makes sense).
- My husband and I have 4 kids total, but none together (he came with 2 and I came with 2)
- I'm superstitious, I believe in old wives tales, the supernatural and all scary things unknown
- I love scary, ghost in the closet type movies, but am petrified at the mere thought of Aliens! (great, I won't sleep tonight, lol)
- My most prized possessions are my sewing machine and laptop
- I have almost a sixth sense when it comes to people, I'm a good judge of character who usually knows right off if you're genuine (or not)
- I'm a homebody and prefer to spend my Friday nights at home snuggled on the couch watching movies with my hubby and kiddos
- I have an entrepreneurial spirit and feel I will turn Life's Epic Journey into something amazing!
- I'm a jeans and tee shirt (or sweats and hoodie) type of girl, I have tons of makeup but rarely put any on
I Herby Nominate the Following Blog's
- Chad at The Royal Brew
- Cerin at Serendipitous Reid
- Lisa at Food, Family & Chaos
- Chandra at The Way Homestead
- Alecia at The Bountiful Broad
- John at The Bipolar Battle
- Terri at Shiny Healthy Dogs
- Kristina at Messy Tired Love
- Christina at Life's Amazing Moments
If you accept my nomination, please follow the rules posted above and include answers to these questions in your post:
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential bloggers
- Summer or Winter?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- If you had one superpower, what would it be and why?
- What is that one post, made by you, that you like most and why?
- When you have writer's block what do you do to work it out?
- What is your favorite dish?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful for?
- What was the inspiration for the name of your blog?
- What do you think of selfie sticks?
Thank you again, to Aimee at Stand Tall Mama for nominating me and Life's Epic Journey! I had a lot of fun answering your questions and choosing my nominees for the 2017 Liebster Award!